Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday December, 2nd - Top Secret

  The clock strikes seven and the snow still falls. Roads are covered with ice and on top of that snow. Work is canceled for me at the San Francisco International Airport. Three planes have already been reported non functioning with frozen gas pumps and busted pipes, besides the taxi ways are to icy by far. However, my wife Lucia still has to report to the CTU for work. Government jobs are the worst! She decided to take a shower before heading away for the day, and as she stepped into the shower and I had comfortably positioned my head on the perfect place on the pillow, I heard her voice slightly brake through the noise of water meeting the floor of the shower. I smiled thinking that she was about to sing or something, although if she were trying to sing she had the worst lyrics ever. "Code 19185", was all I heard then her voice got quitter, but I still managed to very dimly hear her mumbled words. "So zombie apocalypse is a go!", words were still mumbled but I think that is what she said. I asked he who she was talking to when she stepped out of the bathroom door but she only gave the simplistic answer of, "What?" and then continued to get ready for work. I watched as she pulled out of the drive way in her dinky little Prius. "That isn't going to make it far", I thought. The sky was still spitting snow, and I stopped for a moment, I'm in San Francisco it doesn't snow here. It was at that moment that I realized she was up to something precarious. I called her several times at work but all I heard on the other end was static. I tried not to think about it until she got home that after noon. I watched her pull into the drive way and I bursted out of the door in questions. "What is code 19185 and what is zombie apocalypse?". Her face turned to a frown and she responded with, "code 19/1/85 you mean, and that is your birth date as for zombie apocalypse, that was the name of the party I was going to throw for you tomorrow, but I guess you ruined the surprise". "Then why did you go to work today", I stupidly questioned. " I didn't" she responded. " My work cleared some snow off some roads so that I could get a present for you before all of the Black Friday sales were gone!". She walked slowly inside with a raised eyebrow and a raised eyebrow means trouble for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment