Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday September, 16th - The Spoon's Perspective

  The day for me can never be to easy. It is always something edging the reserve of my temper. One day I was put in the microwave for two minutes by this stupid, little, snot nose, eight year old. I was angry and my medal sizzled in the bowl. The only time I get my vacation is in the dishwasher the water is relaxing and it is thirty minutes of not having to be cold or melted by someone's food. The water rushes in and out of  the cage where I stand, and I cant help but to look around at the numerous amount of bowls and plates with stains so deep they make me feel pain. Most of these bowls, plates, knifes, spoons, and forks are my friends that I have known for a while. Sometimes one of them will go missing only to be recovered under the little brat's bed later. That as well happened to me, but I wasn't recovered until five days after the incident. The dust bunnies hoped around me and covered me in the nastiest of dusts. Nasty enough for the dishes of the washer to call it grout.
  Only ten minutes had passed in the wash and it was very satisfactory to know I had another twenty to go. By now many of the dishes, mostly the knifes, start to ramble about how many times they had cut someone by accident. They use it as bragging rights against the other dishes. The soap puts shine back into us however we don't ever wont to be used again. Ten minutes left and anxiety starts to settle in the dark town of the wash. Many joke and tell stories of depression to new dishes about how it will always rain in the dark town of the wash. I laugh only to be painfully revived by anxiety as I think how I will be used. Will I be a dust bunnies friend, or maybe a tool for scraping food off of my many others friends. five minutes left.
  Most of the soap is gone and the water has sunk into the caverns of the wash only to raise again later. Two minutes the timer says. Most of us are shivering with  fear but find the courage to do it all again. One minute. Bravery couldn't be farther away for me this time. Thirty seconds. I knew the wash would be waiting for me next time and I was thankful for this fact. five seconds. Silvery eyes snap to the door and it cracks open. There stands the little devilish brat that has no sense of mercy as it reaches for me and  all the other dish smile with relief that is wasn't them to go. As for me I only wish you wouldn't play with your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment