Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thursday October, 23rd - Battle of the Puns

   It was an ordinary day of archery practice.  Everyone would already be there by the time I arrived  and I would smile like usual. The day was mellow as could be and I couldn't wipe a smile off my face. The coach called for all archers to the line where we would be slinging arrows at targets for  the day. The first shot was always the worst but this one was the unbelievably terrible. I held the arrow in my right hand about to attach it to the string when it feel out of my hand and onto the ground in front of me. I knelt to pick it up when it said, " It isn't safe to drop arrows, stupid", it gave a small annoying laugh, but it had a point. I responded with the everyday comeback of I'm smarter than you! The arrow stared at me and said," Dude, I'm pretty sure I'm the sharpest thing around here, so are you sure you are smarter than me". I picked the arrow up and pulled the string to my jaw and released with anger. The arrow flew towards the target and snapped in half when it hit. I put the bow down and by that time I had realized everyone was staring at me with wide eyes. "Next time ill get a ten" I said to the coach who was watching me contently.

2 comments:

  1. This was absolutely amazing, I loved how you wrote this. But I can't think of anything constructive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super funny I like the length of it too

    ReplyDelete