Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday August, 25th - Literary Character

  I raise my thumbs to their full potential as I grab the GameCube controller and continue the adventure with Link at my side. I'm walking through a cave and I pull out a lantern to illuminate the constricting walls. I look up and I am dumbfounded when I see a six foot spider charging me with all eight legs springing forward. I take a step back and swing my sword only to miss completely. The spider parried and hit me from behind in one staggering hit. I tossed the controller in the air only for it to come back down and hit me in the back of the head sense it was attached to a short cord. The words "Game Over", once again glistens on the Sony TV screen, mocking me.
  If Link were here right now I would have told him how dumb attacking that spider with one heart left was. How a parry could have easily been blocked. I imagined what I would have said if that moment would have arose. If Link were here right now what would he have to say to me? What would he do? Scratching my head I peered at the "Game Over" screen. I wonder? There would be a lot more adventure and action for sure. Every time I would go to Wal-Mart he would probably think everyone there were weirdo's. "Where are there swords?" ,he would say, "It is dangerous to go alone out here?".
  I paused at the thought of Link trying to pay for something at the register. Twelve rupees make sense to Link but not to the employee as his eyes nearly exposed his brain as wide as they were. The now extremely rich employee would hop out of the store and later become the richest man on planet Earth. I raised my eyebrow and gazed at the screen once more maybe not I said and continued with the game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment